School-Based Health Care (SBHC)
Register Your Child for the School Based Health Center at our School Today!
All Groton School-Based Health Centers (SBHC) are operated by Child & Family Agency of Southeastern Connecticut (CFA) and have a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) and Mental Health Clinician (therapist) at each location.
- The School-Based Health Center is different from the school nurse’s office and a community primary care provider (PCP) but works collaboratively with them to provide comprehensive care for students.
- Health insurance is billed for services provided, but there is no cost to the family (no co-pays, deductible costs, or out-of-pocket expenses). **Tricare insurance is accepted.
- Same-day medical appointments are available to registered students! Please note that we request that registrations be updated annually.
Need an Appointment at Your School-Based Health Center? Fill out an online Medical Request Form and someone from the SBHC scheduling department will get back to you within 1-3 business days. You must complete the SBHC Registration/Enrollment Form to request a medical appointment.
SBHC at Groton Middle School
GMS SBHC Phone: 860-446-4200 x 34238
GMS SBHC Fax: 860-445-0415
Anne Ravenscroft, APRN: x34233
Amanda Frechette, Mental Health Clinician: x34239
Kyrah Augmon-Bossa: Mental Health Clinician x34236
Child and Family Agency:
Medical Services Provided:
- Physical Exams
- Sick Visits
- Chronic Condition Education (asthma, weight management, etc.)
- Mental Health and Risk Assessment
Behavioral Health Services:
- Counseling Services (individual, group, and family therapy)
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning
- The 2023-2024 Influenza Vaccine is available for all students through the SBHC.
- Students must be enrolled in the SBHC in order to get the flu vaccine or any medical care.